We don't need to have deep pockets or be rich to help the needy, the poor and the hungry; we need to have an heart. - Kevin Dcruz
How do we help needy families? “Resisting families” is a newly used concept, describing poor families whose dignity and self-esteem prevent them from extending a hand to near and far, in order to request financial assistance to help them meet their basic needs such as food, clothing and housing. The minimum requirements for survival, being satisfied with the situation in which it is in terms of poverty, and not looking for ways to change this situation out of shame and palliation. And here comes the role of those who are able to help them as a duty on the state, and the duty of good people to strive to search for those families, whose poverty is hidden from international institutions, and local institutions, such as our ancient institution, and here comes our role in this institution, to search and search for these families, We make sure that they need help, assess their condition, and what we can offer them, while maintaining a sense of their dignity, because of which they did not crowd people in the queues to receive the urgent aid provided by our Foundation to people in the affected camps and villages, and in the event of emergency relief in times of disasters and crises. The conditions of these families often require non-urgent relief, through a careful study of their conditions, so that assistance is initiatives that include gradual, careful and studied solutions, to treat their problems in a practical way, by providing them with assistance in the following form:
- Providing a dairy cow, or several sheep capable of breeding and breeding.
- Providing a sewing machine, along with a sewing course for a family member, to earn money with it.
- Helping in opening a local grocery near the residential communities, through which they can earn money.
- Payment of costs, installments and school supplies for the education of the children of such families.
- Contracting with a dispensary to treat those who need treatment from these families in order to relieve them.
- Connecting the link between these families and other capable families who take care of some of their living necessities.
- Training some members of these families (awareness sessions) on ways to make a living in the local environment.